Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Natalie's 1st Ballet Recital




All the girls got to parade out with their class before and after the performance


Natalie had her first ballet recital on Mother's Day. It was so adorable. She had so much fun. It was held at a local high schools performing arts stage. I was really nervous that she might get shy when she saw all the lights and not Aaron or I. Especially since it wasn't in her normal class. Thankfully she got a dress rehearsal the day before to warm her up. She did great both days and she loved every minute of it. As long as she had, Miss Carly, (her teacher)she was okay. It was so fun to watch the girls dance because they were not anywhere close to perfect. That is what made it so cute. Although, they had learned quite a bit over the year. Some moms did go a little over board. Some of the girls had more makeup on than I have ever wore. There were no girls made up in Natalie's class. They were all so innocent and just dancing for fun. Which is the way it should be. One of the little girls in her class didn't take to the stage very well and cried the entire 2 minute performance. Miss Carly let her stand by her during the show and hold her hand. Well, I started wondering why Natalie wasn't doing the normal move with 2 hands above her head like she always does and I looked at Miss Carly and since she was holding the little girl's hand and could only dance with one hand, Natalie thought that is what she was suppose to do. She danced alot of the dance with one arm! It was so funny when I went to pick her up after the recital. She had to stay backstage for the entire performance. I think there was about 12 groups that had a show and it took about an hour or so. Obviously, they hadn't taken them on a potty break because as soon as I went to get her she said, "Mommy, I have to pee pee potty really really really bad!!! I never get that many really's. I know Natalie will miss her ballet class this summer, but as long as she wants to dance in the fall we plan on signing her up again. We may try gymnastics too. She says she wants to do a flip class!!! Poor Palmer, I don't think we will start him in organized sports yet. We may hold out a couple more years. I think we may try to get him out to the driving range or the tennis courts more though. He seems to be the happiest if he is allowed to hold a ball in one hand and some sort of racquet or bat or club in the other. Afterall, he is only barely two!


Natalie loved talking to the helpers. I think she said she told them about the storm that we had the day before. We had to go to the basement because of a tornado warning. I think she told everyone about it.


Hanging out after the dance rehearsal


Natalie's best friends: Ellery and Abigail

No comments: